German is not the easiest language to learn. Learning the top 100 German words, as well as watching YouTube videos, reading and watching TV are some of the methods that can make the process fun and easy.
I had to learn German in order to stay in Switzerland with my family, the process of which I will write about some day. After reaching the B1 level of German and living in a German speaking country for a while, here is how I would learn German if I had to do it all over again:
How to Learn German?
- Learn basic German words that are the same in English and German. This is like cheating. This makes your life easier later.
- Learn the top 100 words German words.
- Start reading the most basic sentences and sayings in German.
- Learn the top 500 words
- Around this time you can start watching YouTube videos, like those found on the channel Easy German.
- Then start reading more complicated sentences.
- Then learn the most common 1000 words.
- Then start reading “fun stuff”.
- At some point, watching TV in German will be possible. If you keep going!